Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Christmas Break



Nate tried to get all the snow off our car, and get it out of the snow so he could go to work but Mother Nature just wouldn't have it. He got to spend the day with me :)


It snowed continuously throughout our stay, which was fun. By the time we left, I was ready for a change though. I had my first white Christmas AND it was our first Christmas together!! Definitely a Christmas to remember. Most of my time spent during the break was without Nate because he was able to work at the place he use to before we got married, which we're so thankful for! So I was able to spend time with all of Nate's family, who I all love to death! They were always checking on me and making sure I was doing ok...since it was my first Xmas away from home. One of their favorite past times is playing cards. I didn't grow up playing cards so I don't appreciate it as much as they do, but it's growing on me. I'm kinda competitive, so as long as they let me do well I'll like it, haha. Nate and I also had fun spending time with the cutest kids in the world, our nephew Dylan and niece Leila! Here are some pictures below of Christmas Eve.

Dylan unwrapping his Christmas Eve present...pajamas!

Leila showing off her princess pajamas

Leila and Dylan LOVED Chloe. Chloe accepted the love pretty well usually which surprised us. Every time Leila came to Grammy and Grandpa's house the first thing she would say was "Choe?". It was so cute.

So Rock Band is a pretty big deal in the Wilkinson family. We rocked out pretty often. Someday we'll start our own band.

Kristin looking pretty intense on the bass guitar, and Ryan rockin the vocals behind her.

Nate and I love this picture of Ryan. It was a "had to be there" moment to witness his vocal skills. More like screaming skills.

Kristen made playing the guitar look easy, she doesn't play lower than hard...I like sticking with easy.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the update!! The pictures capture our Christmas break perfectly!! =) I loved the picture of Ryan screaming... I think about it everytime I hear "More Than A Feeling"... You guys are great!! We miss you and love you tons!! =)

Kristin said...

SO FUNNY! I'm going to need you to send me the pics of rock banding! My husband is quite talented!ha! We love you guys and had such a fun time while you were here...too bad the snow kept us away more than we'd liked, even though we're about 30min away! Glad you made it home safe. Here's to a new semester!

Joel said...

Hey Hey....love the snow pictures....but not by us and I think you brought some of it with you....it was freezing today...anyways we gotta hang out soon....

joanna yoder said...

You definately wouldn't have had the snow here in Arizona. I am just glad that we get you guys next year. The WII fit has been asking about you. Love you and miss you

hendywow said...

It's good to read a new post girl! Yeah defintely no white cold stuff in Glendale! Congrats on the first semester, I miss you.
Wen.