Friday, January 21, 2011

Our New Life

Well, it's official, I have finally landed a job! I start tomorrow and I'll be working as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I've completed the two hour rigorous ordeal of paperwork, drug testing, and TB testing. It will be perfect for me since I can count it as hours towards graduate school and I'll be working with some wonderful people! I am really excited and happy about this new opportunity! Plus, I'll be making almost double the amount I was making in Rexburg...it's ridiculous what they can pay you in a small college town. So we'll be able to save up a lot of $$$!

Nate is really enjoying his time as a Physical Therapist's Aid. He knows without a doubt that this is what he wants to do now since he has been in the office with patients and Physical Therapists. We can't thank Paul and Kathryn enough for helping him through the process of getting the position.

As for the graduate school update, Nate completed all his applications and secondary applications so now we're just waiting to hear back from them. All the programs I applied to were already full, so I will try for round two in April! We actually wouldn't mind having a year off since we've been going year round with 15+ credits a semester for the past two years. A break is nice :)

We really love where we are at in life right now. I'm not saying I wouldn't mind being out of graduate school already and have a job as a Physician's Assistant, but I'm content. I'm learning to just enjoy every day, and not wish for the future. It will come soon enough!

No comments: